1.01.2008

coolest xmas gift

Last summer a friend of mine from work, Lisa Gellens, was showing my friend Jenn & myself some of the jewelry that she had been designing - really cool stuff. She and her sister, Stephanie, have set up a business which you can find online here. I immediately asked her if she would design something for me but had no idea what to even ask for. Jenn jumped in and said "Oh, let me work with her - I think I know what you'd like and then I can give it to you for Christmas." The result is this gorgeous necklace & earring set that are just so beautiful, I almost feel too nervous to wear them.

The stone is called larimar and is absolutely exquisite -- beyond words. It comes from the Dominican Republic. The color, the detail in the stone, and the unique setting make this my all-time favorite Christmas gift.

No comments: