8.21.2008

arts & craftiness

Taking a break from the throw for a bit. I'm about halfway on it and to the point where I feel like I could do the pattern in my sleep...and when I was getting more yarn for that, I found this yarn that I really loved. At first I intended to work it into the throw but although the yarns go nicely, after working up a square, it looked...strange. Coincidentally, my friend Kristi recently sent me a cool pattern so it seemed fated that i should try it out.

The scarf I'm making only vaguely resembles the one shown in the pattern, probably because I am using both the wrong weight of yarn and the wrong size needle AND I'm pretty sure I'm not doing one of the stitches correctly but it is a fun pattern to work. The biggest challenge is keeping track of the stitches so that the rows line up. I've had to rip out rows at a time several times already just to keep on track.

2 comments:

kristi said...

ok i'm thinking already just from what you are saying that i definitely should just stick to making washcloths. nice, big squares with the same loop over and over and over and over... ;) yours is very pretty.

krystal said...

It's not hard...I'm just get distracted easily and forget where I am. It would probably be easier with those clips you can get so you don't lose your place. The pattern itself isn't hard - at least not the way I'm doing it. :D