3.23.2008

reading deprivation

So I finally ran out of excuses to start the week of no reading (& other media). I made it through day 2 (since technically this is day 3 already). Only 4-1/2 more to go!

Came very close to giving up - or at least calling a time out - this afternoon and came to the realization that my intense urge to read was not, in fact, because I was bored (this is what I'd assumed would be my downfall) but the result of a stressful conversation with Mom (not stressful b/c of her; rather due to the topic).

The weird thing about it is that the desire to just read a book was so overwhelming - and I didn't make the connection between the stress and the desire until I was journaling afterwards. I knew that I used books as an escape but I hadn't realized that it was so unconscious!

Hoping that the rest of the week gets easier.

No comments: