6.07.2008

2 down...38 to go!

I've started a new project - a throw to replace the current, fast-unravelling one. I am most excited to be working on something that I will actually be keeping. I've realized that up to this point, I have made 8 blankets, 3 scarves and various other assorted things and not even a picture to show for it!
Since it's for the living room, I thought the navy would make a nice complement to the sofa (although with the small hook required, I am wishing that I had a slightly lighter yarn just to be able to see the stitches a little easier, particularly on those first few rounds). I chose this pattern because I like the "lacy" look...and the pineapples always remind me of my grandmother's afghans. (I'm not sure if she liked that pattern best or not, but we certainly had quite a few afghans growing up in that pattern.)

Speaking of pineapples, I think this last one that I planted may actually be "taking"!! It was hard to tell at first as the lower leaves dried up but I noticed today that there are new leaves growing up from the middle. Hurrah!

1 comment:

kristi said...

those are such bright green leaves on the pineapple! and if you get tired of knitting, at least you have 2 squares--you could always make yourself a 70s crocheted bikini. wouldn't THAT be awesome. see you tonight!