12.06.2008

yes...i am certifiable

So I'd been thinking of getting a 2nd dog for quite some time (years, in fact, since Shadow always seemed to miss her "buddies" from across the hall after we moved to FL -- but by that point, I thought she'd have a tough time adjusting. In any respect, I'd talked to Kathy about it and so on Monday, I got an email forwarded from a friend of years about a young german shepherd male in need of a home. It took all of about 5 minutes in reality to decide although I decided I needed to wait on the potential layoff before making any kind of permanent move. So I called Kathy's friend this morning (she was fostering the dog at her place), took Roxy down to meet him this afternoon and brought him home with us!

So far, the dogs are getting along great! The only drawback is that his name is Rocky which I think is just waaay too close to Roxy for them to differentiate so I'm planning to name him something else...but what? Before I saw him, I'd wanted Apollo or maybe Romeo. I'd almost like to do Cyrano to go along with Roxy but not sure how that shortens up. It certainly fits so far. It's pretty comical - Roxy follows me everywhere and he follows her. As for personality, he is so laid back that to compare the 2 is like night & day. I'm hoping that he'll help calm her down - at least should help her separation anxiety a bit. Maybe I'll stick with Romeo after all.

Anyway, here he is:


And here's a shot of the two of them (soon I'll get one of them really playing - it's so fun to watch!):

2 comments:

kristi said...

it's crazy how their coloring is so different--and also how despite their age they are so close in size. is he pretty much full grown? now i'm really intimidated to come to your house... ;)

krystal said...

oh you definitely don't need to worry about him - he is such a sweetheart (hence "Romeo")!